A "People's" Town Hall for Beverley
Beverley Town Council is pleased to announce that is in the process of purchasing the old St John Ambulance Brigade building, which has proudly stood on the corner of Morton Lane and Wilbert Lane since 1888.
The building has been under the ownership of the St John Ambulance organisation since 1945, but has stood empty for the last 5 years amid speculation that it would be sold to developers and demolished. The acquisition by the Town Council will see the preservation and transformation of what was originally a Victorian Scottish Baptist Chapel into a vibrant new Town Hall and community space for Beverley.
This intervention by Beverley Town Council will open an exciting new chapter in the building’s 134-year history and ensure it remains an important community asset for future generations of Beverlonians.
- Meeting Summons: All meeting dates are provisional, until the respective summons/agendas are published – a meeting is only lawfully bound to take place once the summons has been released. Meeting dates may be subject to change. Agendas are also displayed on the noticeboard located in Wednesday Market.
- Full Council Meetings: Full Council meetings’ venue to be as on the agenda issued. These meetings will be held in-person and will not be live-streamed online. Members of the public are welcome to attend to observe meetings.
- Committee Meetings: Committee meetings will be held in person and the venue will be as stated on the agenda.
- Full Council Public Forum: Members of the public can address meetings of Full Council in the public forum at 6:30pm and then stay to observe proceedings. If you wish to speak in the public forum, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance so we know to welcome you to the meeting.
- Agenda and Minutes: You can click directly to each relevant committee agenda and minutes via the meeting dates below. Agendas are also placed in the Wednesday Market Place noticeboard. Alternatively, you can access all here.