It is with great sadness that we learn of the death of His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (1921 – 2021).
Mission Statement: To improve the quality of life of the residents of Beverley
Aim: To promote the best interests of the town for the betterment of the local community.
- To engage in an open dialogue with the residents of Beverley to better understand their needs and, in turn, explain how we will address those needs within the resources and powers on the Council.
- To provide a democratic, representational voice for the Beverley community.
- To support and contribute to the economic and social life of the town and regeneration of the local community, in partnership with other tiers of local, regional and national government, voluntary agencies, groups and individuals to meet the needs and aspirations of the community.
- To encourage and promote the economic and commercial vitality of the town and, where possible, source goods and services from the Beverley area.
- To preserve the unique identity of Beverley and promote its heritage.
- To help to create a socially inclusive and caring community which embraces all its residents, irrespective of age, gender, culture, income, race or religion and which seeks to develop their wellbeing, knowledge, understanding and mutual co-operation.
- To organise, promote and manage a variety of events within Beverley that positively enhances the social, economic, educational, leisure and tourism aspects of town vitality. In addition, to also support and advise in the facilitation of current events and to assist with the bureaucratic nature of such activities
- To protect and improve the environment of the town and promote sustainable development of the town to meet the needs of the present residents, without jeopardising the needs of future generations.
- To ensure that the resources at the Council’s disposal are used to the most effective degree possible, and to the greatest possible benefit to the town.
- To become a better employer through continued valuing and development of employees, thereby encouraging personal responsibility and stimulating innovation, all for the betterment of the town.