England has now entered another national lockdown.
The main message from the Government is “You must stay at home. The single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives.”
Leaving Home: You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person (non essential shops and businesses are closed)
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
Education: Colleges, primary and secondary schools will remain open only for vulnerable children and the children of critical workers. All other children will learn remotely. Early Years settings remain open.
Full Details: Official information regarding what you can and cannot do during the lockdown is detailed on the Government website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home
Below are links that may be of help
NHS Information: The NHS has much more information and advice regarding Covid-19 itself at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19.
Covid-19 Support: East Riding of Yorkshire Council is coordinating Covid-19 support efforts across the county. If you need emergency assistance, members of the public can visit www.eastriding.gov.uk/living/emergency-assistance. You can also call 01482 393919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is more general information regarding Covid-19 and related support at eastriding.gov.uk/covid19.
Befriending Service: The HEY Smile Foundation also has a befriending service – CallER – on (01482) 215929. This service is supported by the Smile Foundation.
Business Support: Information regarding Covid support for businesses can be found at www.eastriding.gov.uk/business/coronavirus-grants-for-businesses-and-charities. This is East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s preferred route for businesses to access assistance, but the benefits contact centre can also be called on 01482 394799.
Messages from the Mayor of Beverley: Visit Beverley Town Council’s YouTube Channel to watch a community Covid message from the Mayor of Beverley Councillor Tom Astell.