VACANCY - Administration and Support Assistant
JOB TITLE: Administration and Support Assistant
HOURS: 25 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
PAY RANGE: Scale Point SCP 1 – 6 £20,258 – £21,968 pro rata (actual pay £13,688 – £14,843)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday 22nd October 2023, 5pm.
Beverley Town Council is seeking an enthusiastic Administration and Support Assistant. Working with a small but hardworking and supportive team, the main duties of the post include:
- Providing general administrative support to the Town Clerk and other members of staff.
- Supporting the delivery of services, including tasks related to allotments, the Mayor’s civic engagements and town council events.
- Reception duties, including dealing with enquiries via telephone, email and in-person.
- Filing documents, including supporting a major overhaul of paper-based and electronic systems.
- Inputting data into electronic finance and other information systems.
- Updating Town Council noticeboards.
- Updating the Town Council website and social media.
- Monitoring and organise office stationery and supplies.
- Sorting incoming post and preparing post for despatch including mail delivery.
- Carrying out a range of office-based administrative tasks.
- Visiting off-site locations, such as council allotments and storage facilities, to provide support to colleagues when they occasionally work at such locations.
If you would like to be part of our team and feel you have the experience to help provide a quality service to the people of Beverley, this could be the job for you.
- Download Job Description: Administration and Support Assistant – Job Description (PDF)
- Download Person Specification: Administration and Support Assistant – Person Specification (PDF)
- Download Application Form: Application Form (Microsoft Word)
- Deadline: Sunday 22nd October 2023, 5pm.
- Requirements: Application forms should be typed, not handwritten. We will only accept completed application forms, not CVs.
- Submission: Completed applications should be sent by:
Post: The Town Clerk, Beverley Town Council, 12 Well Lane, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU17 9BL.